Still working on getting your entry submitted or your video uploaded? Haven’t paid your fees yet? Need to add an entrant or modify your entry form? Read on for some last minute tips and answers to your questions:
Just a reminder… We are fielding a LOT of questions as the deadline approaches.
Whether you send an email, stop by the chat room or call the office, give us time to respond before contacting us again. We will be in touch as soon as possible!
FOR THE QUICKEST RESPONSE
Stop by the Chat Room or use the pop up chat
SUBMITTING ENTRIES (the paperwork part!)
- Pretty sure you have an account but can’t remember your log in info… stop by the Chat Room , click on the Pop Up Chat window below, or send an email to: email@example.com and ask for confirmation of your member number.
- Don’t remember your password. Click on this FORGOT PASSWORD link to have it emailed directly to you.
- Make sure you and those who will be included on the entry have renewed your memberships or become new members BEFORE you submit the entry. You don’t have to be a member to submit, but members receive a significant discount on entry fees. If the membership has not been taken care of before submitting the entry, the invoice will reflect the non-member entry rate.
*NOTE: If a membership is renewed or you become a member AFTER an entry is submitted, the entry invoice will automatically update to reflect the lower member entry rate – but it may take 10-15 minutes. Refresh your dashboard to access the updated invoice. Important: Wait to pay your entry fees until the invoice has been updated. If it does not update, contact us via chat or email. (No refunds in the case of over-payments.)
- Want to change the category for an entry? DON’T re-submit the entry under the new category. We can easily change the category for you. Use the Pop Up Chat window, stop by the Chat Room, or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Specify the current entry number and title as well as which category you want to move the entry to.
- Changed your mind and no longer want to submit a certain entry? Be sure to send an email to email@example.com indicating which entry to delete. This will remove the entry from any invoices and will help us out so we won’t have to track you down after the deadline wondering where the video is or why the fees haven’t been paid. 🙂
- Remember – only the “paperwork” part of the entry needs to be submitted by March 19th (11:59 P.M.). And, you can modify the entry (add names, revise or add a description, add the running time of the entry, etc.) – without penalties – through March 25th.
MODIFYING AN ENTRY
Is there a typo on your entry form? Did you forget to include someone on the entry? Want to update your entry synopsis? Need to revise the entry length?
You can modify your entry at no additional charge through Monday, March 25, 2019.
Click here for instructions to modify an entry.
*To delete an entry or change the category, you must contact the chapter office: firstname.lastname@example.org.
After March 25th a $25 fee will be charged for change requests.
Through May 1, 2019, the cost to add a name to an entry will be $25 plus the usual entry fee. Additional names of qualified entrants may be added to an entry after May 1, 2019 through June 4, 2019 for a flat fee of $250 for each name.
After the nominations are announced, there is a 10 day grace period (through June 15, 2019) in which names, under extreme, special circumstances, can be added to a nominated entry. Requests should be made by one of the nominees listed on the entry or by the original submitter and must detail why the request should be granted. The Chapter’s Awards Committee will make the final decision and ruling. If approved, a $350 fee will be charged to add the name.
All change requests must be submitted in writing via email to Chapter Executive Director Cherie Housley (email@example.com).
No names will be added after June 15, 2019 under any circumstances.
VIDEO UPLOAD INFO
- If you get the message you have uploaded too many times, try again in 5-10 minutes. Committee members will be monitoring the video uploads throughout the day and automatically resetting upload attempts as needed.
If after that time you are still seeing the “exceeded upload attempts” message, use the Pop Up Chat, stop by the Chat Room or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for the uploads to be reset.
Please do not call to make this request. We can answer chat messages and emails much more quickly and efficiently. (Chat is preferred!)
Do include the entry number and a call back number in case we need to follow up via phone. We answer questions as quickly as possible, but your patience is appreciated.
- EMMY Express does accept most video file types, however, the file format that seems to have the best results is MP4 using the H264 video codec and AAC audio codec. *Some .MOV files contain additional features like edit lists that often result in audio-video sync issues.
- For best quality, encode your video at its original frame size. 1920x1080p or 1280x720p are recommended. Your video should be at least 720×480. Do not letterbox your video.
- Wireless connections are more likely to be interrupted during the upload process. Use a hard wired connection if possible.
- Be patient! Uploading video takes time. The larger the file, the longer the upload will take. Slower internet connections will take longer. Expect heavy server traffic at this point in the game. Start the upload process, take a deep breath and just roll with it. Walk away if needed to give the file time to upload. DO NOT close your browser. Do not refresh the page or hit the “back” button. Doing so will stop the upload process.
- Be patient – part 2! Once the upload is complete, give the file time to transcode before trying to view it. This process can take 1-2 minutes for every minute of video but may take longer with the heavier server traffic. Do not cancel the process. If you see the “processing” indicator, you can safely close your browser and come back later to view and approve your video.
- Once the video upload is complete the approval email goes to the entry submitter. If you are helping a co-worker with the video upload process, you’ll need to have him or her forward the approval link.
- If you continue to have problems, we will work with you over the next week to resolve them. Send an email explaining the problem and we’ll be in touch as soon as possible. Please include as much information as possible. (At the very least we need the entry number or title and category, a general description of the problem and your contact info.)
Payments are not due until April 1. If you think there is an issue with your invoice (incorrect amount, extra entries, missing entries), don’t pay the invoice yet. If you renewed your membership AFTER the entry was submitted, the invoice should update within 10-15 minutes.
Failure to pay entry fees may result in entry disqualification, removal of entrants whose fees have not been paid, or a late fee assessment of $25.
Send a note to email@example.com. Someone will get back to you as soon as possible.