Applications now being accepted!
A scholarship grant of $3000 is offered to a full-time undergraduate student, with a journalism, multimedia broadcast or production-related major at an accredited college or university in the designated market areas serving the Ohio Valley Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. The award will be given to a student who has achieved academic excellence; who is involved in co-curricular television activities (through student media, internships, or related employment); who possesses a desire to engage in television as a career; and who has high integrity and personal character. Financial need may also be considered.
For consideration of this award, applicants must:
- Complete the online scholarship grant application;
- Write a personal statement;
- Submit 2 examples of creative work;
- Submit a resume;
- Provide an unofficial transcript of grades;
- Have a faculty member send a letter of recommendation directly to the scholarship chair; and
- Have an industry professional send a letter of recommendation directly to the scholarship chair.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED: MARCH 1, 2017 – APRIL 30, 2017
Applicants can apply using the Online Scholarship Application.
The scholarship will be presented at the Ohio Valley Regional EMMY® Awards Gala on August 5, 2017 at the Lawrenceburg Event Center in Lawrenceburg, Indiana.